Demo Site

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives


Alright.
I'm working at Isis at the moment, while writing up the first entry of this blog.
I don't explicitly know why I started this blog. I suppose it has benefits, like, I have something to put in that "write something about yourself" section of your facebook profile. On the contrary, life is freaking hectic at the moment, with interviews, rejections, assessments and exams, and everything else that only seems more important when you have to prepare for the above. I want to get so much done, but I feel like I have so little time. This is what I always seem to write about, lol.

Ceteris paribus, life is pretty good at the moment. I mean, despite how stressful everything is, I must be fine because my heart is still beating. After a cumulative 8 hours of sleep over the last 3 or so nights, my heart is still beating, strong enough to move on its own, and not collapse onto some caffeine-driven travelator. I just personified my heart.

That aside, here is a thought.

What is the purpose of money, if not for spending?
To elaborate, I mean, why have money, if we don't intend to one day spend it? I'm not encouraging compulsive retail therapy, or impulse buying, or anything like that. It's just an observation from the perspective of a twenty year old to-be graduate working in the business sector; people cling onto cashflows like fountains of youth. As if cash and security in wealth would actually lead you to live forever. I want to dispute this theory, because something about it just seems so, so wrong.

Or did I just have a brain fart.

It's just a thought. I mean, cash in coins, paper or credit is the most useless thing ever, unless you exchange it for something else. I suppose in thinking about what I want to do with my life, I can see that I'd wanna live a pretty good one. One that is, to a degree, comfortable, that would make me happy, but not complacent. I suppose a large part of me is scared of becoming a miser, or becoming somebody who measures success by how much money they make. These are a few things I've been thinking about lately.

So back to the second line of this post; why am I blogging at work? Normally, this would be our busy period, pandemonium in lodging every tax return from every procrastinating client by the ever-nearing lodgement date. The typical state of affairs in our office would look something like this:

But lately it's looked a bit more like this:



...and I don't have much work to do.

I wonder what the life cycle of a ball of tumbleweed is?

No comments:

Post a Comment